Goals and tasks
Modernization of the content and updating the set of academic programmes will be carried out simultaneously with theoretical, methodological and practical development of four blocks:
- A transforming learner. The change in the content of academic programmes, taking into account ongoing psychological, socio-psychological, and psycho-physiological changes in the individual learner influenced by historical, economic, social, information, communication, and environmental factors and socio-cultural dynamics of society:
– strengthening natural sciences component of education by incorporating into curricula practice-oriented lessons at innovative laboratories of KFU Institute of Physics, Institute of Chemistry, Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology, and the KFU Planetarium;
– strengthening polytechnic component of education: incorporating into curricula practice-oriented lessons on latest technologies, including rapid prototyping, robotics, adaptive technology in academic and research laboratories of KFU Institute of Engineering and Institute of Physics;
– adjustment of the content of academic programmes to rapidly changing migration flows and multicultural environment, by means of convergence of ethnic, religious, and racial differences;
– adjustment of the content of academic programmes to bilingual environment by changing the nature of training, aimed at increasing student involvement, and taking into account individual psychological characteristics in a different linguistic and cultural environment.
- Transformation of education. Changing the set and the content of academic programmes in accordance with the transformation of education as a socio-cultural and intellectual catalyst for change, namely:
– the introduction of multi-level educational systems, interactive and distance learning technologies, the gradual strengthening of natural science education components in accordance with the demands and needs of gifted students, the economy of the future and the mobility of the world;
– strengthening of practice-oriented, research and the reflective component of educational programmes in the context of the transformational changes taking place in modern society;
– strengthening the multicultural orientation of education in view of global migration processes;
– renovation and development of the information educational environment, based on the principles of the intuitive interface and reflection.
- A transforming teacher. Adjustment of educational programmes to the new socio-professional status of a teacher, as well as his/her professional and individual characteristics and competencies as of an active party both in the educational and the professional and personal development processes, who’s capable to operate successfully in variable models of education and to initiate critical innovations in transforming education.
– design and analysis of the job profile diagram of a modern teacher being an active party both in the educational and the professional and personal development processes;
– inclusion of the teacher in research and development activities aimed at solving emerging problems of educational practice and strengthening the innovation component of education;
– exercising creative educational activities in the Lyceums of KFU;
– development and implementation of electronic portfolio of a future teacher as a tool for integrated assessment of preparedness for future professional activities.
- Transformation of teacher education. Theoretical, methodological and practical development of new educational programmes and modernization of existing ones in the framework of the above mentioned activities will result in design and implementation of the structurally functional model of teacher training in classical university in view of transformation processes in the society and education.
– development of a two-phase variable system of teacher education, aimed at attracting motivated individuals to the teaching profession;
– development of an effective system of vocational guidance and vocational qualification for the teaching profession;
– strengthening practice-oriented training through the networking with educational institutions;
– changes in the content and procedures of final state certification through the development and implementation of a system of independent assessment of teacher education quality in a real educational environment with participation of employers.