The relevance of creating the StrAU “The quadrature of transforming teacher education – 4T” is determined by current global economic and social challenges. Higher education institutions should become catalysts for innovation-driven economic growth, as well as centres of social and cultural life of the region, training qualified teachers, engineers, physicists and others. They should link society, government and business. Graduated specialists should be able to realize the sustainable and dynamic development of economy, and the breakthrough development of various areas of practice based on high technologies.
Research in the framework of the StrAU assumes implementation of major interrelated scientific and academic issues:
– Formation of teachers-practitioners with high intellectual potential and well-developed research and reflective competencies in a two-phase continuous university education;
– Development of institutional mechanisms and implementation of technological and content-related update of reflexive, practice-oriented training of the teacher in the classical university.
Modernization of the content and updating the set of academic programmes will be carried out simultaneously with theoretical, methodological and practical development of four blocks:
- A transforming learner. Studying the learner in the context of ongoing psychological, socio-psychological, psycho-physiological changes in his personality under the influence of civilizing (historical), economic, social, information, communication, and environmental factors, and socio-cultural dynamics of the society.
Transformation of education. Studying the transforming education, which is acting as a catalyst of social, cultural and intellectual changes and being characterized by the introduction of multi-level educational systems, interactive and distance learning technologies, and gradual strengthening of natural sciences component of education in accordance with the demands and needs both of gifted learners, the economy of the future and the world mobility.
A Transforming teacher. Studying the social and professional status, professional and personal characteristics and competences of the modern teacher as an active agent of both the educational process and the professional and personal development, who is capable to successfully operate in the context of various models of education and to initiate structural innovations in terms of the transforming education.
- Transformation of teacher education. The study of scientific, informative, technological and organizational fundamentals of reflexive and research-oriented pedagogical education, development and implementation of the structural and functional model of teacher education and training in the classical university, with regard to transformational processes in the society and education.
As part of the identified priority areas “A transforming learner – Transformation of Education – A transforming teacher – Transformation of Teacher Education”, the integrated interdisciplinary and problem-oriented research topics are set forth for the period 2016-2020, to be carried out by several structural units of the consortium:
- Informational transformation of the modern education. Gamification in education.
- Competence foresight for university faculty in humanities, natural sciences and engineering education.
- Multicultural and bilingual education in the modern world: the transnational and regional aspects.
- Psychophysiological status of modern learner and noxo-sphere of his/her education and development.
- Philosophy and personal resources of modern education. Talent management.
- Reflective and research-oriented teacher education.
- Social and professional values of modern teacher in response to new economic challenges.
- Innovative management of educational flows: life-long learning.