One of the most acute problems of the modern society is to prepare teachers to work in a constantly changing environment.
It is essential to face challenges in teacher education according to the so called 4T model: a transforming learner, transformation of education, a transforming teacher, transformation of teacher education.
A transforming learner
Change in the course content of academic units in the context of ongoing psychological, socio-psychological, psycho-physiological changes in one’s personality under the influence of historical, economic, social, information, communication, environmental factors, and socio-cultural dynamics of the society, namely:
- strengthening of a natural sciences component of education by introducing practice-oriented lessons at innovative laboratories of KFU departments of Institute of Physics, Alexander Butlerov Institute of Chemistry, Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology, and the KFU Planetarium into curricula;
- strengthening of a polytechnic component of education by incorporating practice-oriented lessons on latest technologies, including rapid prototyping, robotics, adaptive technology in academic and research laboratories of KFU Institute of Engineering and Institute of Physics into curricula;
- altering the content of courses and modules as a response to an increasing number of migrant students and therefore, education in multicultural, multiethnic environment;
- adapting course contents with regard to bilingual educational environment by changing instruction modes aiming at students’ involvement and considering each student’s personal psychological state in a new lingual and cultural area.
Transformation of education
Studying the transforming education, which is acting as a catalyst of social, cultural and intellectual changes and being characterized by the introduction of multi-level educational systems, interactive and distance learning technologies, and gradual strengthening of natural sciences component of education in accordance with the demands and needs both of gifted learners, the economy of the future and the world mobility.
- Implementation of multilevel educational systems, interactive and e-learning technologies; systematic reinforcement of social sciences as a response to high achieving students’ needs together with the needs of world economy and globalization;
- Strengthening of practice-oriented, research and reflective components of course units in the frame of a transforming modern society;
- Sustaining a multicultural component of education in the context of student migration;
- Modernization and development of IT education environment based on principles of intuitive interface and reflection.
A transforming teacher
Studying the social and professional status, professional and personal characteristics and competences of the modern teacher as an active agent of both the educational process and the professional and personal development, who is capable to successfully operate in the context of various models of education and to initiate structural innovations in terms of the transforming education.
- Design and analysis of a modern educator’s job profile diagram as a subject of an educational process and professional self-growth;
- Integration of educators into research and experimental work aiming at solving problems of modern education process and reinforcement of innovative component of education;
- Realization of creative teaching techniques in KFU lyceums;
- Development and implementation of prospective teachers’ e-portfolios as means of integrated evaluation of teachers’ levels of readiness to work as an educator.
Transformation of teacher education
The study of scientific, informative, technological and organizational fundamentals of reflexive and research-oriented pedagogical education, development and implementation of the structural and functional model of teacher education and training in the classical university, with regard to transformational processes in the society and education.
- Development of a two-phase system of teacher education based on a selective principle and aiming at involving highly motivated to work as educators students into education process;
- Development of an effective system of career guidance in education sphere;
- Reinforcement of practice-oriented teacher education by network collaboration with educational institutions;
Alteration of the content and procedures of final state certification by development and implementation of the system capable to impartially evaluate quality of teacher education with the help of employers and actual educational environment.