In Kazan Federal University there are traditional and distributed types of organizational structures of teacher education:
traditional (based in KFU Elabuga Institute);
distributed (on the basis of research and teaching departments of KFU specialized institutions possessing modern teaching and laboratory facilities).
The integrative type of organizational structure of teacher education will be implemented in the framework of the project.
Subject training of future teachers is carried out on the basis of relevant institutions, which are part of StrAU (Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology, Institute of Philology and Intercultural Communication, Institute of Physics, etc.), having necessary scientific, educational, human and material resources.
Psychological and pedagogical component of future teachers’ training is implemented on the basis of the Institute of Psychology and Education.
Practical training of teachers takes place on the basis of KFU high schools and basic schools through the actual school-university partnership. The presence in the structure of the Kazan Federal University, as structural units, of two specialized schools (IT-school and Lobachevsky Lyceum), an extensive network of basic schools provide an opportunity not only to strengthen the practice-training, but also to establish effective experimental work to develop and implement their own innovative technologies.
Within the organizational structure of StrAU the consortium on teacher education including structure of KFU, providing science-content, informational and organizational support of the project, is established.
Consortium implements integrative type of teacher education in the framework of horizontal integration.
Consortium of 10 academic units of KFU:
Institute of psychology and education
Institute of fundamentlal medicine and biology
Institute of Environmental Sciences
Institute of management, economics and finance
Instittute of international relations, history and oriental studies
Institute of Philology and intercultural communication
Institute of physics
Higher school of information technologies and information systems
Institute of mathematics and mechanics
After the completion of project consortium privileges will be transferred to the Department of teacher education. In the future Kazan University will be able to take over the management functions in continuous teacher education system along the Volga Region Federal District as a part of newly created educational corporation. The educational corporation will include educational institutions, implementing various levels of education.
Autonomy level of StrAU.
Key functions of project manager:
Project manager is responsible for strategic management of project implementation.
* overall management of project implementation process;
* ensuring the allocation of necessary resources for project implementation, ensuring financing of work;
* review and approval of regulatory documents necessary for organization and realization of project;
* receipt and analysis of consolidated reports about project implementation process;
* management of changes in project basic parameters and problem solving.
* approval of ideology and goals of a project;
* coordination of project curators assignment;
* approval of general plan and budget of a project;
* receiving of consolidated reports about project implementation process from a curator;
* adoption of policy decisions for critical changes affecting the deadlines, cost and quality of project results.
Curator is responsible for achieving of project goals within budget, in accordance with planned project deadlines and given quality level.
* formation of project offices and project management teams;
* planning, organization and control of work on project goals achievement with required quality, cost and at a given time;
* project resource allocation and organization of interaction between design offices during the process of implementation;
* organization of interaction and provision of communication links with other project participants;
* counting of actual costs of resources of project implementation;
* formation and provision of project report to Project manager;
* task setting to project offices and its separate members, and monitoring of its performance;
* requirement from project offices to perform their role functions;
* confirmation or rejection of reports about actual costs of project performers;
* justification of need and request to Project Manager of additional resources for a project;
* appeal to Manager for support in case of need.
Project architect is responsible for elaboration of information system in accordance with planned project deadlines and given quality level.
* determination of composition, duration and technology of work performance on elaboration and implementation of SrtAU information system;
* determination of resources that are necessary for elaboration and implementation of StrAU information system, given by project conditions;
* ensuring of solidity of StrAU functional architecture of implemented information system.
* participation in works scheduling on StrAU information system formation;
* organization of training, coordination and approval of all technical documentary, necessary for creation of StrAU information system within a project;
* realization of information interaction between project offices.
Project Research Supervisor of project office is responsible for scientific content of subject units of a project, realization of scientific research and experimental activity, provision of final results on specific subject units of a project.
* determination of content aspects of subject units of a project and main technologies of its implementation;
* supervision of science – research and experimental work in project offices;
* planning and coordination of actual costs of specialists while implementing a project;
* формирование и предоставление куратору проекта необходимой отчетности;
* analysis of implementation progress, and also intermediate and final results.
* assignment of tasks to project groups, and monitoring of its realization;
* requirement for implementing the qualitative performance of tasks and timely information of emerging issues;
* justification of need and request to Project Manager of additional resources for a project.
Office Manager of a project is responsible for information support of a project manager, organization and conduction of document flow within a project. Office manager of a project reports directly to Curator of project.
* providing of structural information to Project Curator, ensuring the ability to control the project, plans, resources and priorities;
* keeping meeting protocols;
* ensuring the timely preparation, progress and archiving of project documents.
* transmitting and receiving of necessary project documentary from participants;
* control of project participants compliance with established system of document management;
* request from specific project performers of operational information and reports about project performance.