The “World Declaration on Higher Education for the XXI century» notes the need to develop trans-disciplinary education programs, which assumes the functional synthesis of methodologies and the development of new research concepts. The transdisciplinary approach will underpin the modernization of educational activities of the StrAU, aimed at preparing skilled teachers with high intellectual potential and research and reflective competencies, capable of working in the system of education with great uncertainty and risks and to respond quickly and effectively to emerging challenges of changing world. Methods and the general methodology of education, approved during the implementation of the StrAU development program, will be disseminated to other KFU educational programs in all areas of knowledge.
- Higher education degree programs.
– To solve the problems, the StrAU Academic and Methodical Council will be created with the aim to bridge the gap between fundamental, natural sciences and humanities disciplines through developing a common approach to their teaching, humanization of education, strengthening its practical component, and creating ф transdisciplinary learning environment.
– Modernization of the content and updating the set of academic programs will be carried out simultaneously with theoretical, methodological and practical development of four blocks: a transforming learner, transformation of education, a transforming teacher, transformation of teacher education
– Implementation of the system of individual academic curricula at Bachelor level studies.
– Creating a Centre of Excellence in Mathematics.
– Modernization of internationally oriented programs: Bachelor-level program “Psycho-pedagogical support to children of Muslim migrants”, Bachelor-level program “Teaching Russian to foreign children”, professional development program “Practical psychology in education. Migration processes in education system”
– Development of double degree programs:
Master program “Teaching foreign languages in a multicultural space: innovative approaches and technologies” (NARFU, NSU, OSPU);
Bachelor program “Teacher education. Foreign (French) language (Paris 3 University New Sorbonne, France)”.
– Updating, upgrading and international accreditation of Master programs targeting both at the Russian employers and at the international academic market.
– Modernization of Doctoral education through introduction of double degree programs and Doctoral programs taught in English with foreign partner universities: “Educational Technology”.
– Introduction of distance education: “Applied Social Psychology”.
– Introduction of new forms of interactive education. Designed as part of the Program for Enhancing KFU’s Competitive Ranking, the innovation complex of multimedia educational resources “Learning environment 21+” for physics education will be introduced in all educational programs with study of physics. The very methodology for such complexes design will be extended to chemistry, biology, history and other disciplines.
- Supplementary educational programs for teachers’ retraining.
The University has a unique system for teacher professional career support, including not only basic education, but also the system of advanced teacher training. We have been delivering more than 120 educational training programs in all disciplines and majors taught in Russian secondary school. A regular annual order on more than 50 million rubles for advanced training and retraining of educational specialists indicates a great demand for these programs and is considered one of non-budgetary sources for the co-financing of the project realization.
Professional development plans for faculty members participating in the implementation of the educational programs
Reducing teaching workload down to 600 hours per a faculty member per year in order to attract highly qualified research and teaching staff from leading Russian and foreign universities on a competitive basis.
- Further improvement of the KFU system of baseline pay level boosting; strengthening stimulation procedures; reduction of the teaching load to active researchers.
- Implementation of support programs for practical training, the organization of advanced training courses for teachers, courses aimed at professional competencies developing, foreign language courses, as well as programs aimed at the development of academic skills in world leading universities.
- Integration of faculty members of KFU in the international academic community by stimulation of publication activity in leading international scientific journals.
- Providing conditions for developing foreign language competence by KFU staff for the successful implementation of English-taught programs.
Other measures and expected results of the academic activities of the StrAU
Attracting talented students from the CIS countries, foreign countries and over Russia (participation in educational exhibitions, activities in advanced schools and lyceums of KFU, subject competitions and Olympiads, Open Door Days).
- In 2016: the creation of the Resource Centre “Migration pedagogy and cross-cultural psychology”; the creation of the Resource Centre to support young teachers; organization of the II International Forum on Teacher Education.
- In 2017: development of pilot project sites for the implementation of the mechanisms of young teachers’ adaptation; the annual international monitoring of the quality of teacher education; development of a teacher training system to address children of different categories in pre-school, general and higher education; the publication of international scientific online journal in Russian and English languages “Modern Teacher Education”; the organization of the international forum “Educational Aspects of Adaptation of Eurasian Muslim migrants”; organization of the III International Forum on teacher education.
- In 2018: development of a system of social and psychological assistance to schools, children and students operating in adverse social conditions (counselling centre, website, helpline, online-communication, club of communication, etc.); creation of a Research and Education Centre of teacher education (Centre of Excellence); the organization of the 31st International Congress on the effectiveness and improvement of school education (ICSEI).
- In 2019: creation of a system of social and psychological assistance to children from disadvantaged families (counselling centre, website, helpline, online-communication, club of communication, etc.); organization of the IV International Forum on Teacher Education.
- In 2020: creation of the Eurasian centre for the foresight analysis and simulation of teacher education; organization of the system which enables the future teachers conducting research in view of two-phase tertiary education, considered as the interaction space of modern pedagogical science and practice; Organization of the V International Forum on Teacher Education.