The development of research activities
The list of priority research activities / significant engineering projects of SAU
In 2010 the Kazan Federal University was formed by changing the type of the existing State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Training “Kazan State University named after Ulyanov-Lenin” and merging sequentially Tatar Humanitarian and Pedagogical University and Yelabuzhsky Pedagogical Institute. One of the mechanisms to implement the Roadmap of KFU Competitiveness Enhancement program adopted in 2013 was to define four priority development areas (http://kpfu.ru/prioritetnye-napravleniya). Within the priority areas scientific start up laboratories, or OpenLabs were established. However, within the framework of socio-humanitarian sciences no priority was selected. At the same time it is obvious that successful KFU Competitiveness Enhancement program essentially depends on the involvement level of the academic staff. Forming SAU of humanitarian direction will increase dramatically the participation of KFU academic staff in the Roadmap indicators, and improve significantly the university’s position in international rankings.
The purpose of creation and development of SAU “Area of teacher education transformation – 4T” is to formulate the concept of reflective and research-based teacher education, to design and implement a new structural and functional model of teacher training in the classical university.
Relevance of SAU “Area of teacher education transformation – 4T” is due to current global economic and social challenges. Higher educational institutions should become a catalyst for based-on-innovation economic growth, centers of social and cultural life of the region which train qualified teachers, engineers, physicists, etc., becoming the link between society, government and business.
Globalization as the trend in the development of the modern world leads to active interaction, integration of ethnic communities and regions, blurring the boundaries between traditional cultures, religions. Many countries, including Russia, are faced with the problem of training representatives of different faiths and ethnic minorities. The growing number of these students is associated with the activation of migration processes in the world today. This problem requires training teacher of a new type – a multicultural teacher. In the context of globalism, the problem of mastering foreign languages emerges full blown. Finding a common language is a necessary condition for mutual understanding of people. In this connection, bilingual teacher training model is important, which assumes, in particular, his/her linguistic mobility.
The emergence of new trends in the society made the issue of developing students’ skills and talents a major one. A talented person is capable of generating ideas, finding extraordinary solutions to the problem, intuitive forecasting of trends in the society. Identification and talent management strategy involves the development of individual career tracks at all training levels (a unique set of knowledge and skills that are necessary for the desired profession).
These areas involve theoretical and methodological and practical development of four blocks. As a part of the identified priority areas “The transforming student-Transformation of education-The transforming teacher – Transformation of teacher education”, integrated researches of the consortium divisions for 2016-2020 were planned, they are interdisciplinary and have problem-oriented nature and carried out by several departments:
- Information transformation of modern education. Gamification of educational process.
- Foresight of competences of high school teachers in the humanities, natural sciences, engineering education.
- Multicultural and bilingual education in the modern world: transnational and regional aspects.
- Psycho-physiological status of modern student and noxosphere of his/her formation and development.
- Philosophy and the personality resources of modern education. Talent management.
- Reflective and research-based teacher education.
- Social and professional values of the modern teacher in the face of new economic challenges.
- Innovative management of educational streams: learning throughout life.
Planned amount of funds raised for research activities up to 2020: 2016 – 55 million rubles, 2017 – 70 million rubles, 2018 – 80 million rubles, 2019 – 90 million rubles, 2020 – 150 million rubles.
Indicators of scientific and publication activity: 2016 – 470 articles; 2017 – 650 articles; 2018 – 760 articles; 2019 – 980 articles; 2020 – 1100 articles in WoS and SCOPUS journals.
Composition development plans of academic staff involved in research activities
- Fellowship and exchange programs in leading universities and research centers.
- Fellowship program to attract young academic and teaching personnel from Russia and abroad.
- Participation of KFU academic staff in international, Russian, regional and own programs of academic mobility and professional development programs.
- Creating a program of material incentives for talented young trainees and KFU academic staff
- Improvement of professional language skills of KFU academic staff.
Other outcomes and activities for the development of SAU research activities
- Creating a Resource Centre to support young teachers.
- Holding annual traditional forums for teacher education.
- International Summer Research School for practicing psychologists in the migration sphere, on mathematical education and education in the field of physics, in higher education.